Dealer Services Corporation - BURBANK BEAT- DEALER SERVICES CORP...
Now Montana has join California Auto Dealers... Call 818 749 - 3288
Missouri Court of Appeals – Judge Joseph M. Ellis cites UNPUBLISHED DECISION
Judge Joseph M. Ellis and the Missouri Court of Appeals allow GAAC, a flooring lender, to knowingly convert 18 vehicles from Excel Bank (WD69701 2009).
Too bad for Excel Bank that the California Court of Appeals wasn't deciding their fate. The Fourth Appellate Court ruled that a UCC filing by a creditor does not extend to consigned goods when the creditor is aware of consigned goods. (Fariba v. Dealer Services Corporation (2009) Cal.App.4th D053162).
The California Appellate Court ruled that flooring lender Dealer Services Corporation's (DSC) argument was "absurd". DSC asserted that as a matter of law it held a perfected security interest in the vehicles that had priority over Fariba's because it filed a UCC-1 financing statement and Fariba did not.
"This contention is unavailing. It would be absurd to hold a creditor responsible for imputed knowledge but not hold the same creditor responsible for actual knowledge" the California court said.
Additionally, "It follows from this authority that since the purpose of the notice exception is to "protect creditors from the 'hidden' claim of the consignor, it should follow that a creditor of a consignee who has actual knowledge that the consignee is a consignee cannot claim the protection thereof." (3A Anderson on the UCC, Â§ 2-326:97 (3d ed.) 2009 Westlaw [interpreting UCC Â§ 2-326], italics added.)
Apparently Judge Ellis wasn't aware of the gross injustice in the Automotive Finance Corp. v. Cornejo unpublished decision he cites. Unlicensed flooring lender Automotive Finance Corporation was using the same twisted UCC argument to convert the vehicles owned by an auto wholesaler in San Diego. Hopefully unpublished decisions will be looked at in a different light, especially in a Court of Appeals.
MISSOURI COURT OF APPEALS WESTERN DISTRICT
Division Three Judges: James M. Smart, Jr., Joseph M. Ellis and James E. Welsh, JJ.
Division Three holds: (1) The trial court did not err in finding that the transaction between Miles and Excel was a consignment arrangement where Miles was attempting to sell the vehicles, Miles would receive a $400 commission on each vehicle sold at a price approved by Excel, and he was not obligated to pay for any of the vehicles for which no buyer was found. Accordingly, under the UCC, Excel was required to file a financing statement on the vehicles in order to perfect its security interest therein.
Opinion by Joseph M. Ellis, Judge Date: June 30, 2009
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Now Montana has join California Auto Dealers... Call 818 749 - 3288Missouri Court of Appeals â€“ Judge Joseph M. Ellis cites UNPUBLISHED DECISIONJudge Joseph M. Ellis and the Missouri Court..."
- "Still a continued misbehavior! Mr wells is an alcoholic and commits adultery. His wife and the Corporate Management of Dicks Sporting Goods seem to be OK with this unethical,immoral and..."
- "PARK 'N FLY Confirmation Number: P1958528My reservation was for: Cleveland - PARK 'N FLYAddress: 19000 Snow Road, Cleveland, OH 44142 Phone: (216) 267-3665Departure Date: Saturday, March 23, 2013 at..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "We canceled our service with WALMART Family Mobile in November 2016 and had the cell number ported to another provider. WALMART has continued to bill us without explanation and is..."
- "Loan-Sharks use L.A. District Attorney as their MuscleLos Angeles District Attorney arrests the Victim of Loan-Sharks DMV has the Victim of Loan-Sharks arrested The California DMV, instead of protecting its citizens,..."
- "It takes a lot for me to take the time to write a review but I feel that this company's misleading advertising and terrible performance warrant that. Before I continue,..."
- "We submit our order in August. We received part of the order in October and the rest of the order mid December !!! But the coffee tables were not..."