Dealer Services Corporation - Consumer fight for title held by DSC
4 Responses to "DEALER SERVICES CORP. withholding the title to my car because of dealer non-payment what can I do?"
James B says:
February 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm
you could try to sue them, call a lawyer, and tell them your case see if you can fight. Or sue the dealer for selling you car without a title. or make them refund your money!
February 14, 2011 at 5:10 pm
The dealer is required by law to include a clear title as part of the sale. Failure to do so voids the sale. The dealer has the choice of getting the title for you, giving you back your money or having the state car dealer license revoked. A lawyer would love this case!!
February 14, 2011 at 5:54 pm
You will need to write to DSC and tell them your story along with copies of documents from the dealership. If they still refused, you may want to let them know that you have already contacted legal advice. You are told to work it out with the company and if they refused, you will need to get a hold of a lawyer and the company will have to compensate for the legal fee and more.
February 14, 2011 at 6:44 pm
Dealer Services Corporation has only been in business since 2005. Yet they have a history of unlicensed lending nationally. You didn't say what state you are in now, but DSC can not hold onto your title. The Motor Vehicle Department can require them to turn over your title. File a complaint with them as soon as possible.
Also, you can file a complaint with your local police department if you purchased the car from a dealer who failed to transfer the title. DSC may not have a legal right to retain title.
Most lemon-law attorneys will know how to get your title.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Loans and Mortgages
You May Also Like
- "August 2005 I moved to a home known as 24XXX Cruise Circle Dr. Canyon Lake, CA. 92587. In February 2007 I purchased the home. In 2010 my mortgage company GMAC..."
- "I got a loan in 2013 from One Main for $8,499.96. Never missed a payment of $276.25 for two years and checked my balance online and it showed I..."
- "I am so hurt. I had an emergency and had to relocate me and my children and applied for a loan and was approved even though I was uncomfortable with..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "Hidious Service! Paid for my order to be priorty shipped & arrive before Christmas! Just received the item a week ago. Good Luck getting a live person on the phone...."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "It takes a lot for me to take the time to write a review but I feel that this company's misleading advertising and terrible performance warrant that. Before I continue,..."
- "Loan-Sharks use L.A. District Attorney as their MuscleLos Angeles District Attorney arrests the Victim of Loan-Sharks DMV has the Victim of Loan-Sharks arrested The California DMV, instead of protecting its citizens,..."
- "Bought a Luminox 'Evo Navy Seal Blackout' in Feb this year. I work underwater a lot, and figured that a watch the bore the name 'navy seal' and claimed..."