Dealer Services Corporation - Consumer fight for title held by DSC
4 Responses to "DEALER SERVICES CORP. withholding the title to my car because of dealer non-payment what can I do?"
James B says:
February 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm
you could try to sue them, call a lawyer, and tell them your case see if you can fight. Or sue the dealer for selling you car without a title. or make them refund your money!
February 14, 2011 at 5:10 pm
The dealer is required by law to include a clear title as part of the sale. Failure to do so voids the sale. The dealer has the choice of getting the title for you, giving you back your money or having the state car dealer license revoked. A lawyer would love this case!!
February 14, 2011 at 5:54 pm
You will need to write to DSC and tell them your story along with copies of documents from the dealership. If they still refused, you may want to let them know that you have already contacted legal advice. You are told to work it out with the company and if they refused, you will need to get a hold of a lawyer and the company will have to compensate for the legal fee and more.
February 14, 2011 at 6:44 pm
Dealer Services Corporation has only been in business since 2005. Yet they have a history of unlicensed lending nationally. You didn't say what state you are in now, but DSC can not hold onto your title. The Motor Vehicle Department can require them to turn over your title. File a complaint with them as soon as possible.
Also, you can file a complaint with your local police department if you purchased the car from a dealer who failed to transfer the title. DSC may not have a legal right to retain title.
Most lemon-law attorneys will know how to get your title.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Loans and Mortgages
You May Also Like
- " Open Letter to Tom Roddy Normandin: Over the years I have been a participant in owning my own business and being the proud husband of a professional wife, with two sons,..."
- "3813 Huron Avenue #5Culver City, California 90232-3844 Thursday, December 11, 2014 c/o V.I.P. Corporate ExecutivePISSEDCONSUMER.COM1732 1st Avenue Suite #25581 New York, New York 10128 Regarding: Very Serious Complaint..."
- "My mortgage was sold off to this joke of a company over a year ago. They took forever to get automatic payments set up (I had to mail my..."
- "Bought a Luminox 'Evo Navy Seal Blackout' in Feb this year. I work underwater a lot, and figured that a watch the bore the name 'navy seal' and claimed..."
- "I picked out a Liz Claiborne sweater from JCPenney in the Missi department. The signs for the sweater showed that the sweater cost $19.99. I went to the register..."
- "When I got the item from them it was so ugly I had to reach out to them and they were trying to base everything on irregularity. So I wrote..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."