4 Responses to "DEALER SERVICES CORP. withholding the title to my car because of dealer non-payment what can I do?"

James B says:

February 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm

you could try to sue them, call a lawyer, and tell them your case see if you can fight. Or sue the dealer for selling you car without a title. or make them refund your money!

dallenmarket says:

February 14, 2011 at 5:10 pm

The dealer is required by law to include a clear title as part of the sale. Failure to do so voids the sale. The dealer has the choice of getting the title for you, giving you back your money or having the state car dealer license revoked. A lawyer would love this case!!

Al says:

February 14, 2011 at 5:54 pm

You will need to write to DSC and tell them your story along with copies of documents from the dealership. If they still refused, you may want to let them know that you have already contacted legal advice. You are told to work it out with the company and if they refused, you will need to get a hold of a lawyer and the company will have to compensate for the legal fee and more.

Good luck

Concerned says:

February 14, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Dealer Services Corporation has only been in business since 2005. Yet they have a history of unlicensed lending nationally. You didn't say what state you are in now, but DSC can not hold onto your title. The Motor Vehicle Department can require them to turn over your title. File a complaint with them as soon as possible.

Also, you can file a complaint with your local police department if you purchased the car from a dealer who failed to transfer the title. DSC may not have a legal right to retain title.

Most lemon-law attorneys will know how to get your title.

Had an Experience with Dealer Services Corporation?

Comments