4 Responses to "DEALER SERVICES CORP. withholding the title to my car because of dealer non-payment what can I do?"
James B says:
February 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm
you could try to sue them, call a lawyer, and tell them your case see if you can fight. Or sue the dealer for selling you car without a title. or make them refund your money!
February 14, 2011 at 5:10 pm
The dealer is required by law to include a clear title as part of the sale. Failure to do so voids the sale. The dealer has the choice of getting the title for you, giving you back your money or having the state car dealer license revoked. A lawyer would love this case!!
February 14, 2011 at 5:54 pm
You will need to write to DSC and tell them your story along with copies of documents from the dealership. If they still refused, you may want to let them know that you have already contacted legal advice. You are told to work it out with the company and if they refused, you will need to get a hold of a lawyer and the company will have to compensate for the legal fee and more.
February 14, 2011 at 6:44 pm
Dealer Services Corporation has only been in business since 2005. Yet they have a history of unlicensed lending nationally. You didn't say what state you are in now, but DSC can not hold onto your title. The Motor Vehicle Department can require them to turn over your title. File a complaint with them as soon as possible.
Also, you can file a complaint with your local police department if you purchased the car from a dealer who failed to transfer the title. DSC may not have a legal right to retain title.
Most lemon-law attorneys will know how to get your title.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Loans and Mortgages
You May Also Like
- "I Sent In My Money Order For My So Call Per Approved Master Card & Still Haven't Got It I Won't My Money..."
- "August 2005 I moved to a home known as 24XXX Cruise Circle Dr. Canyon Lake, CA. 92587. In February 2007 I purchased the home. In 2010 my mortgage company GMAC..."
- "76 Cal. App. 4th 970, Appeal Decision on W.A. Rose V. Municipal Court (1959) 176 Cal.App. 2d 67 Plaintiff appeals the decision of the lower court to award Rosa Macias the sum..."
- "We submit our order in August. We received part of the order in October and the rest of the order mid December !!! But the coffee tables were not..."
- "When I got the item from them it was so ugly I had to reach out to them and they were trying to base everything on irregularity. So I wrote..."
- "Loan-Sharks use L.A. District Attorney as their MuscleLos Angeles District Attorney arrests the Victim of Loan-Sharks DMV has the Victim of Loan-Sharks arrested The California DMV, instead of protecting its citizens,..."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."