DISCUSSION

I. DSC'S APPEAL

A. Court's Instruction on Actual Knowledge

1. Standard of review

We review the court's alleged error in instructing the jury de novo. (Sanders Moses Productions, Inc. v. NBC Studios, Inc. (2006) 142 Cal.App.4th 1086, 1094.)

2. "General knowledge" exception to creditors' perfected security interest in consigned goods

Case law defines a consignment sale as "one in which the merchant takes possession of goods and holds them for sale with the obligation to pay the owner of the goods from the proceeds of a sale by the merchant. If the merchant does not sell the goods the merchant may return the goods to the owner without obligation. [Citation.] In a consignment sale transaction, title to the goods generally remains with the original owner." (Bank of Cal. v. Thornton-Blue Pacific, Inc. (1997) 53 Cal.App.4th 841, 847.)

To analyze Fariba's rights, we turn to section 9319, which sets forth guidelines for determining the rights of consignees with respect to creditors of the consignee:

"(a) Except as otherwise provided in subdivision (b), for purposes of determining the rights of creditors of, and purchasers for value of goods from, a consignee, while the goods are in the possession of the consignee, the consignee is deemed to have rights and title to the goods identical to those the consignor had or had power to transfer. [¶] (b) For purposes of determining the rights of a creditor of a consignee, law other than this division determines the rights and title of a consignee while goods are in the consignee's possession if, under this chapter, a perfected security interest held by the consignor would have priority over the rights of the creditor." (Italics added.)

If you are a California Auto Dealer

If you have a Floor Plan with DSC,the contract may be void

Why did DSC chose not to get a California Finance License from 2005 to 2009?

Call the Man That Made Dealer Services Corporation "GET A CALIFORNIA FINANCE LICENSE"

STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS...

MICHAEL GRISSOM 818 749 - 3288

Had an Experience with Dealer Services Corporation?

Comments

National City, California, United States #226522

If you have been damaged by DSC, Grissom is ready to take your deposition NOW!!!

Call 818 749 3288

i worked for ths group all i can say is what a bunch of crooks